With the expected launch of the highly anticipated Nintendo’s 3DS console in March what is in stock for all Nintendo 2D lovers? What are the top ten DS games to expect this year? Hopefully this article will help highlight the best DS games that all 2D console lovers can look forward to in 2011.
1. Plants vs. Zombies: If you love tower defense games then you are in luck as PopCap’s Plants vs Zombies games is heading for the DS platform. Gameplay involves keeping Zombies from entering your house and eating your brain. Players have a number of weapons at their disposal to stop the onslaught of the Zombies like the Venus Zombie trap that will eat up the enemy in one gulp. However there appears to be issues with the controls not working properly. Plants vs Zombies was released on January 18, 2011.
2. Pokemon Black/White: is the next sequel in the Pokemon game series featuring a new generation of Pokemon creatures and gameplay in a brand new location. One of the many improvements to this game is in the graphics quality. This video game is exclusive to the Nintendo DS platform and will be released at a date later to be confirmed this year. This role play adventure video game is being developed by Nintendo DS.
3. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: is an adventure/puzzle game developed by Capcom and was released in Europe on January 14, 2011. Players take control of a spirit called Sissel, the spirit of a recently murdered victim who has got special powers called “Ghost Tricks”. By coming in contact with a dead victim gamers can use this special ability to alter the outcome of a past event.
4. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation: is a role play game making is first appearance on the DS handheld console. The game is an iteration of the Dragon Quest series and is developed by ArtePiazza. Players recruit characters as they travel on their adventure between the “real” and “dream” world ridding the worlds of evil. The game will be making a first appearance outside of Japan. A date is yet to be announced for its release in Europe.
5. Kingdom Hearts Re:coded: is a remake of the title Kingdom Hearts coded that was solely released for Japan. This action role play game was developed by Square Enix and set events after the game, Kingdom Heart II reminding us of the past in order to give a glimpse of the future. Gameplay centres around Jiminy Cricket, who discovers a strange entry in his journal used in documenting his adventure with Sora. To resolve this mystery King Mickey (one of the many Disney characters in this game) sends a digital version of Sora into the books. The video game was released in Europe on January 14, 2011
6. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: This action adventure video game is being developed by TT games. The video game will be featuring characters and stories from all three existing Pirates movies including scenes from the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean has over 20 levels and can be played in single as well as multiplayer player mode. The F95ZONE game’s is set to be released in May 2011 to coincide with the release of the new Pirates of the Caribbean film.
7. Captain America: Super Soldier: is an action adventure game set in World War II era. Gamers play the role of Captain America and take on his arch enemies like the Red Skull and Hydra. Players will be able to take out multiple enemies using shield actions, deflect missiles among many others. Captain America is being written by comic and screen writer Christos Gage, who has worked on many Marvel books like Spider-Man. The video game is due out in the third quarter 2011.
8. Okamiden: is a sequel to the title Okami released on PlayStation 2 and Wii consoles. The game also known as Okamiden: Chiisaki Taiyo is being developed by Capcom. The video game centres around the events nine months on after Okami and features children of the previous characters. The game is available in single player mode and scheduled for release in March 18, 2011.
9. Kirby DS: Not much is known about this title however recent trailers of the video game does show it’s a game worth looking forward to. The game features 10 Kirbys to start off with and you the player must guide your Kirbys in the “right” direction. You might be able to sacrifice some of your Kirbys to go past certain obstacles.
10. Radiant Historia: is a role play game developed by Atlus. Players take on the role of Stocke an intelligence agent who was wounded after successfully rescuing a colleague captured by the government of Granorg. Stocke finds himself in Historia a world where some mysterious children give him the power to travel through time and space. No date has been scheduled for the release of Radiant Historia in Europe.